It’s really expensive to be a parent but you would always want to provide the best treatment for your child no matter how expensive that treatment is. Orthodontic treatment, is a pricey cure, especially when it comes to the clear braces cost. Firstly, you need to analyze the types of braces a person needs and then you will understand your options in providing the very best care for your investment.
Types and costs of braces for teeth
There are four different kinds which depend on the child’s particular problem.
- Metal braces: these consist of wires and brackets that most people picture in their heads. There is a new technique which helps the teeth move more quickly and is less painful as it helps the gums heal. it’s done by using wires than the ordinary metal wires.
The average price in the U.S. is $4,937 without dental insurance and with dental insurance, it costs $3,407.
- Clear ceramic braces: Have colored brackets that can easily blend into the teeth. Colored wires could also be used to make it even less noticeable.
Ceramic braces cost: without the dental insurance the price is about $4,572 and with dental insurance cost is $2,570.
- Lingual: there is not much difference between the metal and lingual ones except for the fact that the brackets and wires of lingual are placed on the inside of the teeth
The price is anywhere from $5,000 to $13,000 but most of the dentists don’t offer them.
- Invisalign or Clear: Instead of wires, transparent, incremental aligners are used to adjust the teeth with Invisalign. It involves custom-made plastic aligners that help to shift the teeth in the proper position. Clear braces have quickly revolutionized the orthodontics world. Now the patients can get rid of those ugly metal ones.
Clear braces cost: These are a bit higher than regular ones. The average manufacturer price is between $3,500 and $8,000. Though the typical price varies widely the usual range is from $2,500 to $6,000.
The bill does not only depend on the braces but on the following things too.
- Time: typically you will need to visit your dentist every four weeks of an adjustment that will eventually cost you more money.
- Comfort: if you’re uncomfortable with wires or brackets, an adjustment is to be needed that may demand removal or an addition of some extra brackets too.
- Individual needs: The price also depends on a case-by-case basis or your demands and needs but that has to be discussed with the dentist. Most dental insurance plans cover Invisalign just as they would regular braces, but check with the insurance company first to determine the extent of their coverage.
Metal VS Ceramic: There is a slight difference between both of these. With metal, the brackets and the wires used is of metal while in clear ceramics colored brackets are used and colored wire can also be used. The clear ones are slightly more expensive than the metal dental wires by $1,000 to $2,000 only.
In the end, it is up to you to decide which treatment is the best for you. The average price is not much higher than regular braces but it is worth it. It gives you the maximum comfort as compared to the other types. You can easily take out the aligners and brush your teeth, the food doesn’t stick.